Friday, July 24, 2015

Chapter-II Benign Aggression:Save Your Self or Self Destruct [1988/89-95']

1988-89 to 95' [P-1]
13 Bravo, Cannon Crewman


Click this Link to see My Job in the National Guard
Video



 Job Corps didn't work for me. My car blew a gasket and I needed $400 to fix it, What should I do? I joined the ARMY [to get my car fix]... I spoke to a recruiter, went to Richmond for the physicalBAM  Ft sills, Ok, here I come! I scored well enough to go in for communication, but they got me. I remember thinking ' what kind of civilian job can I get shooting off cannons? '
But that did not stop me. I made the best out of the situation.. 

I learned:

-discipline
-how to be a strong Individual
-how to work as a collective

Upon returning I couldn't function properly because my car wasn't fix. I was in the National Guard, but I only seen constructive people once a month and 2 weeks [straight] during the summer.  So I easily regressed back to the prior mind state. I got into trouble, discharge from the military (Honorable - but with no benefits - because I missed too many formations)

The Ignorance was always there but things got 
Retarded

Even the angels back in the day, had a lil devil in them. In elemetary school going into junior high, we snuck into movie theatres. We'd watch movies back to back at the mall, and basically had a negative attitude towards the outside world. The neigborhood was like an island. Occasionally, we'd steal candy and stuff. I got caught 6 grade stealing GI Joe figures at Kmart. My mother had to come get me. I stole Gi-Joe figures: Ranger, Commando.. and another one. 
In early junior high school.. we'd 
sneak into abandon houses [with honeys/chill-drink].. We were  a lil rowdy.
And the stupidity elevated as the alcohol and drug consumption increased: from weed, pills, acid late junior high, 10th grade.. to the crack era high school. [it wasn't my thing but it was there, effecting the era ]

Crack Destroyed Relationships

Crack caused the criminal activities to elevated and develop meaning. People weren't tripping on acid being silly, they had to have this product and criminal activities for many was mandatory. Crack was apart of the culture because Hip Hop artists looked like the dealers.
When I skated, I still listened to Hip Hop. Infact many of the best breakers in the area, turned into skaters but that is a different story.. 

Musical influenced

I loved Eric B, EPMD, KRS-One, NWA, The Beastie Boys.. But I favored Public Enemy. This new conscious attitude was good because It gave people esteem but at the same time we were fatherless. So, a rebellious nature came to be. 

It was either Fight the Power ' or ' Fuck the Police'




NWA came in rebellious like The Beasties but they had a harsher attitude.. 

This new era came about, after I moved out of the neighborhood [which was middle class] included fairly new associates  and our ties weren't strong and people were getting charges. There was no unity.

[The military tempered me but, I still had some shit in me..]


' Got Me '
Click Video for the B&E/Grand Larceny Video on My Charge in 1989-90'
Video
In 1990 I was charged with B&E/Grand Larceny because of my big mouth. They were arresting a couple of other people and I started running my big mouth from the side lines, next thing you know me and my big mouth were in the backseat of the police car. heading to the precinct.. After over 10 charges wer thrown on me, 2 stuck.. 

My attitude was shitty. I was like you didn't catch me. I am innocent until proven guilty. 

I defended myself in court, reading from an old law book.. I said, 
They said I did it, I say I didn't; there is no physical evidence, no witnesses in court [besides the same 3 officers that arrested me]. If I am innocent until proven guilty, I am still innocent - It's my word, against theirs. Criminal cases deal with facts. This is is not a civil case. The defense rest his case " 

I was found guilty..

I had a public Defender.
Right before the trial he said " You best plead guilty ", in one of those conference rooms. I refused and relieve him of his services and represented myself, though he was beside me during the trial.

But

He saved me in the end because he said somin after the judge said guilty.. So the court appointed lawyer may have saved me from the Penitentiary.

I had an attitude.. I felt I was crossed so my attitude towards the system worsened even though I was in the military, Army National Guard.


' No Contest '
Click Video to See Video on My Grand Larceny Charge in 1990' 
Video
Sooner than later I got in trouble again, for a car stereo system, a sleeping bag.. and some other dumb crap [courtroom was laughing during the preliminary when the items were announced ]. Everyone said they were asleep [the crime happened at 2:00 a.m.], including the driver of the vehicle. We were hinting to the officers ' I want to talk to my lawyer '.

  ' Basically Everyone just left a house party drunk acting stupid, We were like the last to leave somebody got into a fight with one of the people that own the house. '

Trial day I came into the courtroom with  poster boards, marked up: pictures drawn - ready for war!
AND they revoked my bond, a new trial date was set. 
Court day 
While I was in the dog pen. They said they had a witness and offered 2 - 3 years suspended.  I mentioned my last case [the recent charge,  see - ' Got me '   ]. I didn't want this charge to effect my last charge. I had 5-10 years suspended meaning if I went to trial and lost, I had to do that 5-10 years. I said if this charge doesn't effect that suspended time I will plead No Contest, not guilty.. But No Contest. 
Again I didn't want this new charge to get me locked up because of the suspended time from the last case.. They  could give me the 2 - 3 years supended, but then charge me again separately for violating the last charge. They agreed and, I plead ' No Contest ', rather than ' Guilty '. 

In other words I didn't say I did it. I said I don't have a choice but to say I did it. So I'm not pleading guilty.. My plea was ' No Contest '

Time to Chill

I got 3 ' obstruction of justice charges '. 2 of them were in close proximation of each other: 90' & 92', almost immediately after the ' No Contest ' plea, and another one, 6 years up. I came to the conclusion ' People don't care, unless the right ones are there - image '. In fact, I started thinking they wanted me in jail, more attention for them. And it evolved into why am I here?what am I doing? 
I developed a greater sense of self. I became self-ish.

I wasn't tempered, but I became more cautious.. I was against systems in general, but I was pretty chill. I was still extremely impulsive, a risk taker, hypher [self diagnosed ADHD]! My perception was unique because when I got in trouble, I read books on law, conscious books again. I'd go to the mosque sometimes and other conscious places, book stores. Getting in trouble reawakened an old love - reading. I always did but I went through a dry period. I was in a transition

I was still impulsive and very guilable
From VA to Boston  
An associate and I were working, digging trenches, and mid day we got into an argument [heads butted together]. He said something like, " I bet you wouldn't go to Boston [Mass] with me.  ", [amped a nigga up]
He met a young lady from Boston at " Virginia Beach Greek Fest ". 
I said " Nigga come on.. I got some raps, that needed to be heard!" 
With only 10 dollars between the 2 of us, we decided to make it happen and that was spent, to get us up 2 or 3 cities, to Hampton, Va. I got my military waterproof bag, full of raps and we were off. 

We probably took 50 steps and immediately got a ride.  We took 1000 steps total, up and back: 
got a ride from Hampton to Baltimore [by a truck driver] - to a trucker rest area

a ride from Baltimore to Philly [ by a cool ass brother]. He took us in front of his house, he went in 


for a minute, came back like we were fam and we carried on

 a ride from Philly to New York by a Puerto Rican brother - [He was waving a gun around telling us 


to carjack some got damn body. but he was trying to help]

We took a few steps rested/napped under a bridge [overpass] regrouped and headed toward the city. This is where we walked the most - New York. Lips were blowing in the wind, chapped up from the cars blazing pass us.. 
but a car finally pulled over.. and it was the coach for Boston University Basket-ball team 90-91'. I think his name was Barry.
He was about 5 9'.. Dark skinned, beard...  and not only did he give us a ride, but he offered opportunities. This great man took us to New Haven, Connecticut [strip/downtown], dropped us off at the mall with enough money to eat at Burger King. He told us he was coming back in about a half hour. He came back, we continued up toward Boston and stopped inside of a very fancy restaurant and we ate an expensive dinner. Then he dropped us off in the neighborhood [guns were firing warning shots, I'm thinking]. He told me [while giving me his card], " If you stay here until wednesday.. I have a group for you to meet,  dancers, DJ, producers.."  



I was like, " Helll Yeah!! See you wednesday"
and he left

We then made our way to the phone booth, and my associate called the young lady's house. Her name was Deena but she wasn't home.  her mother answered. 
She was like ' get off them street before you get killed '. She identified us from the window of her apt.. She invited us in, offered us something to drink, got in touch with Deena. She was a police officer, her son was locked up and from what we were told, he was very active and respected on the streets.  
They took care of us. 
Deena showed us the city, and it got more and more beautiful by the day. She showed us where to go to get apartments. The person I went with [Reggie] ended up calling Va.. and he said people were like come back, he approached me like lets leave.. We left 1 day early [tuesday]. All I needed was 1 more day and I would have been on. 
We packed up headed toward the interstate. 
We seen and helped a lady change a flat tire on the interstate.. got 10 dollars a piece, took 20 steps and got picked up by a dude that looked like Nick Nolte. You know the cop that co-starred with Eddie Murphy in the movie 48 hours. The car looked the same and everything, except it wasn't a convertible and he was much cooler. He even picked up another long haired modern hippie dude in Jersey.. I don't know if he made it because he was talking waay too much. The hitch-hiker wanted to get some drugs, dude was down at first but the he changed his mine. But the hitch-hiker kept on talking.. I think he got dealt with. 
We 
got dropped off in Richmond, Va early in the morning, where our directions split, because he was going to Texas. Within a half hour, a cop gave us a ticket and said, if he catches us on interstate again, he will arrest us. So we were stuck.. We got into an argument because he wanted to keep walking on the interstate. He walked I hung out by the hotel off the ramp. I caught a brother, asked for a ride, and another brother came to the rescue. He was going to Norfolk in a sweet Black load, might have been a mustang. We seen the nigga walking, thumb out and we scoop him and he took us all the way to the beach, bought a hotel room for us then split immediately. 
He didn't even came in.

This is the summation to Chapter 7
Video


Chapters: 1 l 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 l 9 l 10 l The End: New Beginnings

No comments:

Post a Comment