Friday, July 24, 2015

Chapter-V Credentials and the Development of Conservative Principles: Chance [2001-2002']

2001'
Started off at temp services but then soon I got hired on full time


* Protemp preferred because it paid the most - weekly pay

* Spherion Atlantic Enterprises [forgot the name on the sign]- Was ok paid daily sometimes/weekly others.. it was prefered over Labor Ready

* Labor Ready - paid the least but you were paid daily

* Westaff Inc. - was a a back up


Then came Larry Campbell Owner of CAMCO

I worked at Mattress - USA and First Colony through the temp Agencies.. and ended up a little after the summer Landing a full-time job at Camco cutting Vinyl, doing inventory and other stuff. 
This video explains the work environment
Video

I got this job while I was working at a temp service. He liked my work so he hired me.
It was Larry Campbell, his wife and myself. 

* I cut Vinyl for car dealerships, small businesses, and individuals.

*I maintained the shop: unloaded trucks and stocked material. I did inventory, kept the 
shop clean inside and out amongst other things. 

I worked there from june 2001' until february 2002'. They were getting ready to give me the van that was used for delivery. It was a smaller van - Astro van, and I was about to get my license back. 
.   .   .

* 3 songs were recorded in 2001: ' Deep Lessons ' , ' Temptation[Notice My Roving Eye] ' & ' King Me '
These 3 pieces were downloaded as instrumentals from mp3.com. The lyrics were recorded and mixed at ' The Dirty Lab Entertainment Group ' 
and 
uploaded back into the mp3.com by Carl [a musician] for $20.00 because I didn't know how to upload music into the computer at the time. He would have done it for free, but I insisted that I pay him. He told me it was easy to do, but I didn't have the type of computer that could upload CDs and time is money. He also uploaded ' First Blood ' and ' Lord Ur-ros ' earlier in 2000'
and later that summer [ 2001 ] he uploaded ' Lord Ur-ros ' from the Locco Streetwear compilation.

...

In order to get the studio time in Dirty Lab Studio, I sold about 20 CDs for $5 a piece & passed out about 50 fliers for ' The Dirty Lab Entertainment Group '. 
Dirty Lab is where I recorded ' In the Flesh ' around 1991-92, or 93 max and 2-3 other songs [back in 91-92I recorded 2 other songs there, which was when I knew I was on to something because they were nice. I basically made the music while he programed things. He was in the navy and worked with computers or something. He was using computer with music then. He was ahead of his time technology wise. He was talking about contracts, and was new to that. My mother always told me ' never sign contracts '. He schooled other people - I think he was a teacher. He turned me on to one of them, and I  was getting better.
...


Drastic Change
An argument in the household screwed the van and the job with Larry Campbell. 
During that time, I would occasionally go to an associates [Terry] house and jam out, with live instruments: guitar, drums, bass and a microphone. One of the times I went, I met his cousin [Ron] everybody was jammin and I got Ron's #. When I left the job in 2001' I developed another plan and that consisted of me putting together a music project. So I needed music.

I called Ron explained the situation and asked him the price for a beat. He was like " Come out this way and try something new "

I thought about it for a few days, and said

"Cool!"

I had just gotten my first ever credit card: Bank of Marin  or Cross Country

I 
hit my brother up [Jerry] to let him know I was heading that way [ he knew and associated with Ronnie way back in the day ].

I
Used the last bit of my credit card to pay for my bus ticket to Frederick, MD.  I put my name on the lease and it was on!

March 2002
Video

We moved things into storage from the apartment [a bedroom set] and moved  stuff into the apartment: computer for studio purposes, Dj equipment, electric drum set, and we went to Guitar Center to get accessories..
We were straight within a day. The very next day I [walked] to put apps in and started work the next day at Burlington Coat Factory. I was offered access to a vehicle, but I refused because I'm a trailblazer.
I
worked at Burlington Coat Factory in Frederick, MD

where I stocked items on the floor.



"2002' 
was my 2nd 
strongest year financially between 95-05

This video shows  my tax papers for the year of 2002
Video


But soon I got a job at US Carpet Market Inc.
Where I worked until the last day I was in Frederick, MD.

I stocked the store in the front and back, cut carpet for companies that placed orders [independent contractors], kept the shop in order and ect. I never missed a day.


I paid my half of the rent on my own which was $500.00 and bought my own food and stuff.


I went there with my credit cards on zero 3-2002

By the time I left the card was paid up.


[ I got a bank account there ] and I had about $1,000 in savings.


I was like Sylvester Stallone in 'First Blood '

I went out to a club one time and had a great time with a friend of my room mate whom stayed in the same building with us but I never went out. I worked to save money. I went to a restaurant a few times to eat. I was like Sylvester Stallone in ' First Blood ' I was focused. 

The video below shows the description of  the room set up and the mind-state
Video

Not long after the equipment came in it went back out along with the phone connection which was the reason why I put all of my intentions on working, paying bills, and credit. 


There was an ' Alexander/Anderson Family Reunion ' scheduled this year - I think it was going to be in Philly. One of the event papers [orangish-yellow in color] had a map of the United States on it. It showed all 50 states where Alexander/Andersons  were living white showed the colors we were in. it covered a significant portion of the map.
I was extremely interested in attending the event. When I went to MD, I told my brother [Jerry] about it and invited him because we had a different fathers. He only stayed with us for a 2-3 years growing up; I felt it could be good for himAutomatically he told my mother which screwed up my whole plan, because now she wanted to go, and bring her husband
Back then [ and now ], I wanted total separtion from herI wanted to start over create a new chessboard with pieces  that were on my side. My mother and I are opposites, zodiac signs plus. 
My brother [Jerry] also knew Ron from junior high, Brandon and/or high school, Green Run. When he [Jerry] came we were talking and it automatically went to a bad place. He said  
" Mom said you can go back " 
I was thinking 
you could've whisphered that in my ear "

After that I didn't see Jerry anymore. We spoke once or twice on the phone, and Ronnie's interest seemed to shift towards him. 

Ronnie was cool until my brother said my mother said I could come back.. * The thing is I  wasn't kicked out.

If Ronnie was 100%  down.. when Jerry said that his confidence dropped to 25% because why would you say that? He had spanking new equipment in the house: computers, DJ equipment, electric drumset... He was probably wondering why Jerry said that in front of him and sensed deception. So his attitude switched to show he wasn't the one to play with.

Phone line went off

They continued talking but I was out of the equation. I wouldn't be surprise if Ronnie and I bumped into each other 10 times max after I moved in. I paid rent at the office because I was on the lease. I approached Ronnie with a plan that would build his family and my [pater] family separately, equating 2 strong families, but he seemed uninterested in the idea.

This was the plan I gave him that would lift families. 
Who does this?

One of the workers at US Carpet Market, seen me walking with applications [because I was trying to have 2 jobs at the time - one would've been Burlington Coat Factory, but after I got hired at US Carpet I just left Burlington], knew one of the contractors, whom looked exactly like Jamie Fox. Knowing I did music, he introduced us, and the contractor said he was interested in recording work for the choir at his church. So I went to Ronnie with the idea, and told him about a couple of other artists that I met, but he said it wasn't the time. I think it was because he was still in school learning how to engineer. I think I was moving too fast for him. I don't know.

The last time Ronnie and I rode in a car together was when we took stuff from storage into the apartment which was the first day I moved there so mentally we weren't aligned. I didn't know his plans. maybe he was trying to give me space.We weren't in tune to each other. It was like a Axle Rose rooming with Clive Davis or fire mixed with water.

I really think the change came when my brother mentioned my mother saying I could move back.  I thought he felt it was time to put things back in storage because he probably felt uncomfortable, I don't know. Maybe he thought my brother Jerry was the one to link with because he had a production set up, or he probably didn't like that I wanted to do my own thing after he signed a lease for me to be roommates. I don't know. 


We didn't do any music
We didn't connect artistically. He seemed more into the gangsta image.. And I was into the metaphysical-spiritual warrior image.. We tried writing a song together one time and it went no where. We couldn't even watch a movie together without disagreeing. 2 completely different vibes. Jokes were flying over each other's heads.

We just were different. So I just focused on getting my credit right and told him when the lease was up, I was out. 

I didn't buy bedroom furniture - nothing because I was in ' soldier mode ' 
The video below shows the description of  the room set up and the mind-state
Video

I felt we didn't trust each other. I wanted to be set up in a fashion where I could split at any giving moment without taking a loss.. I didn't want a bed or anything until we experience things so I could get a feel of him. It was 2, me and my brother, against one he probably found the need to put his guards up. The first day and the very last day he seemed the most relaxed. He wanted me to hang with the people upstairs.. He was wondering why I wasn't getting up with honeys, like most niggaz I know. I believe first the money then the honey or power then the queen.

Regardless I learned stuff from our connection.


You gotta train niggaz
[joking]
* He had a black credit card and I wanted one. I was just getting into the credit game. 
I came with my first credit card.

*He was incorporated and I want to be incoporated. He paid someone to do his. 
I did mines myself.

*He said, " Some people lie so hard that they believe their own lies " 

I became more observant!

*He said, " When it comes to women, it's about money "
I can dig it!

And he kicked some jewels on negotiating, while purchasing equipment at music stores.

He kicked some jewels but I've been doing this for years too; please go back a few chapters and go to the very first chapter where you will feel what I'm saying.   
I brought guests in once which were Ron's friends/associates, to let them throw dices for a bit. We bust some freestyles and stuff. They took me to the studio and literally treated a me like ' family '. The people were cool out there. They introduced females to me - in the club, tried setting me up with honeys- on the street, in the club, with their female family members and I said 
"No I'm good "

Right before I left they were like ' why don't you just find a chick and move in with her? ' They thought I was crazy!
I
 was like Hell naw. She wind up pregnant then my dreams won't come true.

They'd look at me like :/ 

" I am the most devoted "

Again
when I left from there I had all of my credit cards paid up, credit limit was increased, and
 I got another credit  card. 

had about $1000 in savings.. 
A Jamaican brother, that worked  in the furniture shop next to my employer worked there for about the same length of time that I worked for mines, gave me a cane, that his grandmother made for him, along with, a belt and Sizzla CDs. 
We never spoked or did lunch. He heard me freestyle one time when me and the brother that helped me get the job was out front taking a break. Maybe he liked what he heard. 
It was like he was wishing me luck!
The top sells person who looked and acted like Rodney Dangerfield, told me to go to San Diego and gave me a famous/up coming jazz artist CD. 
The accountant gave me small business pamphlets and papperwork to SCORE which is an organization that helps small business people get started.
The owner of the business who was I think Iranian told me I could come back anytime.
The 
brother that I who set me up with the job gave me knowledge he had when he was in locked up. He was like my counselor the whole time. I told him things I went through in the past, and I'd ask him all kinds of questions and he had answers. 
He was a NOI Muslim. Extremely sharp, Alpha type, and well respected. A Straight G! Definitely a leader! He would come to the house with flyers to shows. [He'd yell up to the crib. He never came in]
He 
also was the one that took me to the bus station. 
Honestly,

wish I stayed! 
I should've just gotten an apartment..

 I went on to Cincinnati, Ohio, in hopes to eventually making it to 
San Diego
But nope! I called the dude weeks in advance, we spoke before I left..

but when I called from the bus station it was something else. I just got a hotel room for the night thinking " I'm going back to Virginia "
The next morning, I was about to walk to the bus station and over heard a sister in the lobby asking the desk clerk how to get Richmond,Va.
I
leaped 
Into the conversation like a super hero..
She introduced me to her man, whom was selling magazines [I did it before] showed him my I.D. and he let me roll with her to Richmond, Va and from there I  caught a bus to the Beach!
Thank You God!

I showed the tax pappers for 2001-2002' Campbell/CamCo from approx. mid 2001 to  at max 3-2002, because I moved to Frederick,MD on 3-02 and left in May. It is on the credit report so.. The remaining of the year I worked for the temp service. 
Video

My question is..

Who's Playing??


Chapters: 1 l 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 l 9 l 10 l The End: New Beginnings

No comments:

Post a Comment